With e-commerce becoming more and more prevalent each day, a lot of fashion brands are no longer just competing for brick-and-mortar sales. Due to the high volume of online businesses nowadays, competing for early-morning clicks and late-night purchases are also becoming tighter. And while it can be extremely challenging to differentiate your brand from the crowd in this overly competitive online fashion industry, you can still make it happen to your business.
Digital marketing is one of the most effective ways to make a name for yourself. It not only boosts brand presence and sales but can also raise brand recognition. Depending on the platform, it can also allow you to get instant feedback from your customers and decide whether a strategy is successful or not.
Getting Eyes In Front of Your Brand
Fashion digital marketing, when implemented right, gets your brand in front of your target audiences’ eyes, allowing them to become aware of your brand, purchase your products, and eventually become loyal customers. But before implementing your strategies, it is crucial to determine who your target audience is. Keep in mind that the cornerstone of your marketing campaign is identifying who your target audiences are, including their interests and preferences.
So in order to identify and gain a better understanding of your target audience, here are several steps you can take:
- Pinpoint the unique selling proposition of your fashion brand. Once you begin to understand the benefits of your fashion brand, you will then be able to easily identify who values your offerings.
- Evaluate your best existing customers by sending email surveys or by simply asking them for testimonials. They can help you identify common behaviors and interests that you can use to narrow down your target market and build lookalike audiences.
- Collect demographic information on your target audience. This may include their location, user behavior, age, gender, etc. As an emerging fashion brand, you can effectively do this by conducting email marketing surveys that specifically aim to divide your prospects into categories based on their diverse fashion interests or preferences.
- Conduct customer surveys to gain customer insights. Customer feedback is important for directing and influencing a brand’s decision-making as well as shaping product and service developments and improvements. It’s also necessary for determining customer loyalty among existing customers. It’s crucial to understand how consumers feel about your product, support, and business as whole.
Moreover, the road to success is filled with pitfalls, and falling to one of them can sometimes be inevitable, especially if you’re not familiar with the peaks and valleys of digital marketing. So to address this problem, we’ve outlined five ways that you can use to successfully market your fashion brand online.
1. Be Active on Social Media
Social media has developed into the most prominent and significant virtual environment for fashion brands. The platform is no longer limited to social networking but has transformed into one of the most powerful mediums for digital marketing. The influence of social media is indisputable since you can hit a vast number of people within seconds of publishing an ad. It also offers beneficial features that enable you to lower your expenses and ensure that your ads meet your intended demographic.
According to Statista, almost 59% of the world’s population is composed of online users. Therefore, you should not lose out on the opportunity to advertise on social media platforms, where you can attract the largest number of prospective customers compared to print or broadcast media ads. Some of the biggest and fastest-growing social media platforms today are the following:
|Platform||Number of Users|
Data collected from Statista 2020-2021
While most marketers are already familiar with these platforms, some businesses still find it hard to understand the importance of such channels on their marketing strategy. To help you become attuned to the potential of social media marketing for your fashion brand, here are several points to consider:
- Social media can help you tell your brand story to promote awareness and recognition. One example of this is Louis Vuitton’s Journey Home for The Holidays Campaign. Back in December, LV launched its #LVGifts campaign to promote its brand as a high-end gift-giving option. In less than a month, the #LVgifts campaign generated 4.4 million impressions and 2.7K posts from user-generated content.
- When it comes to fashion brands, social media hits the spot because of its visual nature. Instagram and Pinterest, for example, are extremely visual platforms that can help you reach new consumers and raise brand awareness.
- Whether you agree or not, one of the most cost-effective ways to advertise your business online is through social media platforms.
- Social media platforms can help you analyze your competitors better through their respective Insights which is a native analytics tool.
- Social media networks are available to the public, allowing businesses to monitor the behavior of their customers, competitors, and prospective buyers.
With the numerous benefits that social media can provide to your fashion brand, it is still equally important to ask yourself the question, “Why am I using this platform?.” This is perhaps the best way to narrow down your scope and find the most effective ones for your business.
3. Inject Personality Into Your Brand
A collection of qualities attributed to a brand based on customer perception is referred to as brand personality. A brand’s personality is dictated by how a brand behaves, speaks, and appears to the public. This is why being a faceless fashion brand will get you nowhere. Not to mention, there are a lot of monstrous brands out there that are just waiting for you to take your first step and then devour your chances of gaining online visibility. With thousands, if not millions, of businesses vying for attention online, creating a strong brand personality has become a critical component for fashion brands to effectively set themselves apart from their competitors.
You can achieve this by injecting the following elements into your brand:
- Authenticity – Being authentic means remaining true to who you are as a fashion brand. In other words, you’re introducing yourself and your business with honesty and sincerity.
- Memorability – The things that distinguish your brand from your competitors are the driving factors of memorability.
- Trustability – Becoming a trusted brand is equal to sealing a lifetime deal with your customers. Trustability is driven by the quality of your products, customer service, and unique selling proposition.
- Authority – How does your brand handle competition? Are you a trend follower or a trendsetter? The way you carry your brand in public says a lot about how you interact with your customers and competitors.
- Value – What do you provide to your customers? What do they get for wearing your fashionable items? In order to add personality to your brand, you have to give your customers more than just a piece of clothing.
Moreover, whenever we think about the world’s most recognized fashion brands, we often remember them based on how unique they are when it comes to promoting their products. These brands have gone to great lengths to decide the kind of brand identity they want to project and then show it to their target markets. So how can you do the same? To inject personality into your fashion brand, you must understand who you are and, most critically, how to successfully communicate your identity to your customers. The more your brand personality develops, the easier it would be to break down barriers between your brand and the customers you choose to engage with.
Some of the other external factors that can also help establish your brand personality are the following:
- Brand voice – The individuality and passion injected into a business’s message is referred to as brand voice. It covers everything from the words and terms you use to the persona and identity you want to portray through your marketing materials.
- Typography – The impression produced by the way text is organized or presented on a page is known as typography. Typography is also referred to as a medium of art by artists because it can be very artistic and revolutionary in the marketing field. When and if done correctly, form, including imagery, will elicit unique emotions.
- Color scheme – Colors communicate in a way that words can’t. That is why they are more effective at convincing people to try or purchase a product when used in marketing.
3. Invest in Content Marketing
We’ve always emphasized that content is king. For brand recognition, increased sales, conversions, and overall effective marketing strategies, producing your own exclusive content is crucial. Modern buyers want an experience and something they can relate to. They purchase what they value and they want to have a chance to be part of something bigger than just the clothing and accessories you sell. Establishing that experience starts with investing in great content. Fashion is all about establishing a persona and a specific lifestyle. Content marketing is a central component of this idea and can be extremely beneficial to your business. Understand the audience’s interests and expectations, and create content that demonstrates how your brand should meet them.
4. Establish an Ecommerce Website
Any well-known company has a backstory. A fashion brand that now dominates shopping centers may have begun as a small company that sells its products in a small boutique. Although starting your own clothing line is difficult, with the help of e-commerce and online marketing, you now have the chance to transform a brand that started as a small online shop into a globally known clothing line. But why choose e-commerce over a physical store? Here are some significant reasons to consider:
- Physical stores are geographically limited to a specific area or location. With an e-commerce website, the whole world can be your playground.
- Reduced cost is one of the most compelling benefits of e-commerce. Customers may profit from any of these cost savings in the form of reduced rates.
- Today, shopping is no longer limited to pulling a shopping cart down the right aisle or searching the shelves for the right item. Customers can easily shop anywhere and anytime by scrolling through an e-commerce website’s product offerings. Compared to physical stores, shopping online is ten times more convenient.
- Comparison shopping is also made possible by e-commerce. There are many online platforms that allow consumers to compare rates from different e-commerce retailers.
- Use High-Quality Photos
Since we live in the modern world, the majority of promotion is done digitally. That indicates that the vast majority of future buyers won’t be able to see your product in person. This is why photos serve as the most valuable tools that you can use to bridge the gap between customer trust and skepticism. When marketing your fashion brand online, you need high-quality images to promote your products for you. They must look fantastic and entice potential buyers to make a purchase. You can also make use of models and ensure that the sizes of your photos fit the requirement of the e-commerce platform that you are utilizing.
Need Expert Help?
Finding the right partner to work with when it comes to effectively marketing your fashion brand online is one of the best ways to get started. This is why our team at Huskee Digital continuously puts in the effort of reaching out to businesses that need help in their digital marketing campaigns. Get in touch with us today!