So, you’ve got a great product and you can’t wait to share it to the world. However, it’s not as easy as creating your brand’s social media page and posting your products for sale. It might have worked before, in the beginnings of digital marketing, but everything has become more complicated in recent years. There’s SEO to think about and analytics to keep track of to make sure that your marketing efforts are paying off.
At first, it might seem overwhelming. After all, digital marketing agencies make it look so easy because of their knowledge and expertise. But, this doesn’t mean that you can’t expertly market your product the same way that a marketing agency should.
In fact, we’ll cover five ways that you can run your digital marketing like an agency. But first, let’s get to know what is a digital marketing strategy and how it can benefit your business.
DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
A digital marketing strategy aims to help your business reach your marketing goals through online channels like social media or search. Inside a digital marketing strategy are a summary of your digital marketing tactics, which channel to use, and how much you will invest in each.
BENEFITS OF A DIGITAL MARKETING STRATEGY
There are many benefits that entails digital marketing strategies. For instance, if you have a website for your brand or business, it can increase your website traffic. If you have a physical store, it can also drive storefront traffic. Overall, it’s one of the most effective ways to boost your brand awareness. And of course, a digital marketing strategy also helps you reach the most important objective of your business – to increase your revenue and conversions.
Now that we’ve got that covered, here are five ways you can run your marketing like an agency:
1) Use Project Management Tools
While project management tools do not ensure a project’s success, it can assist marketing professionals in reducing complexities, delivering better results, shortening deadlines, and increasing their efficacy. Project management tools also provide visualizations that enable marketers to view multiple projects easily and change plans or objectives if needed to prevent overworking or underusing resources.
Here are five helpful project management tools that you can use:
- Trello – Trello is a famous project management tool among marketers. Trello’s task boards make it simple to execute sequential marketing campaigns. With its simple drag and drop function, managing campaign tasks and ideas becomes a breeze. Trello can also help teams create and manage custom task workflows.
- Basecamp – Basecamp is a go-to collaboration platform for marketing teams. As a project management tool, Basecamp offers strong file sharing and internal messaging functions. Unlike Trello, however, Basecamp has no task management or custom workflows.
- Monday.com – Monday.com offers multiple ways to view project campaigns including timelines, calendars, lists, and boards. Other than that, it also has custom dashboards, business-level security, and visual workload management to oversee team capacity.
- Asana – Asana is a project management tool that offers a lot of beneficial features. It works best as a project management software for marketing agencies, especially if you’re in charge of large teams or complicated tasks.
- Podio – Podio is a simple task management software that includes both flexible and automatic workflows. It features custom task workflows, iOS and Android apps, and integrations with cloud-storage, marketing, and calendar tools.
2) Measure Only The Most Important Metrics
The need to analyze measurable metrics and predictive data is critical to marketing. However, the ability to assess the most important marketing metrics is a constant challenge for most marketers. The risk of measuring marketing metrics that have little importance is always around the corner. This is why you need to effectively identify and evaluate those that are crucial to your business’s performance. Metrics that don’t have a clear impact on your profitability are a waste of time and money. This is why it’s crucial for marketers to learn to recognize which metrics are important for sales generation and business development.
Whether you’re using Facebook, Google, or both to evaluate the performance of your marketing campaigns, here are the most important metrics that you should pay attention to if you want your ecommerce business to succeed:
Product Discovery Metrics
It is always important to evaluate the performance of your brand awareness campaigns. These are the metrics that can help measure your success:
These metrics enable you to measure the performance of your conversions (e.g. converting a visitor to a paying customer). Conversions are important since they are the byproduct of your marketing. Here are the most important conversion metrics that you should never forget to measure:
- Sales Conversion Rates
- Checkout Abandonment
- Average Order Value (AOV)
Retention-focused metrics are often tied to your business strategies. They determine whether the way you’re handling your potential and existing customers is effective or not. Don’t forget to measure the following metrics:
- Customer Retention Rate
- Repeat Customer Rate
- Refund and Return Rate
3) Do Competitor Research
Competitor research allows you to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and examine your market and business from a different perspective. On the surface, this tends to be a straightforward process. A quick Google search can show you who else is selling the products or services that you are offering. However, understanding competition necessitates complex research and analysis. For example, creating profiles for marketing and advertising campaigns is particularly beneficial. And you can only achieve this by effectively identifying where your competitors aren’t advertising and target those regions for your ads.
4) Take Risks On Other Platforms
Many marketers claim that they are putting their brand out there, but they actually don’t or are mostly unaware that they are not. For instance, if you’re only promoting on Instagram , you can’t expect your organic sales to increase solely from there. If you want to run your ads, you need to be involved on a variety of channels. Successful marketing begins everywhere. Therefore, it should be a part of your weekly agenda to respond to tweets, engage with different audiences, and develop meaningful partnerships across different mediums. So aside from social media marketing, you should also invest in other forms of marketing to get your name out there. Make sure your customers are aware of your brand. Some of the platforms you can explore are the following:
- TikTok – When it comes to scope and interaction, TikTok offers a fair competitive environment for advertisers. Because of the viral nature of the algorithm, TikTok users with no followers can potentially get millions of views on a new video, unlike social networking sites like Instagram or YouTube.
- Clubhouse – Clubhouse is the hottest new networking app right now, generating hype among social influencers and a slew of FOMO-inducing tweets about the best Clubhouse conversations. The app has been lauded for its ease of use and ability to foster genuine community and discussion.
- Anchor – Anchor is a podcasting platform that is fully free to use. It is an easy-to-use tool for newcomers. It includes tools for recording and editing material, organizing it into podcast episodes, publishing podcasts to listening sites, and monetizing content by gathering audience contributions or inserting commercials into episodes.
5) Focus on Storytelling
A brand story has the ability to do much more than just connect you with your potential customers, stand out against your competitors, and drive sales. Stories can help simplify complex ideas and also better convey the intangible benefits that your business has to offer. In other words, storytelling is a great way to articulate your brand’s underlying advantages without sounding too salesy. So if you want to level up your marketing game without sacrificing creativity, you should focus more on effective storytelling.
CHOOSE HUSKEE DIGITAL
One of the most successful ways to attract potential customers and meet your business objectives is through digital marketing. And with the right partner, taking advantage of digital marketing services will be a worthwhile investment.