Skincare is an important aspect of taking care of our body regardless of our age. That is why it’s no longer surprising that a lot of skincare businesses are investing a lot of time and money in developing products for a variety of markets. For instance, there are specific skincare brands for different age classes, skin types, lifestyles, and budgets. But when it comes to building a successful skincare business, you must realize that your customers don’t primarily want your moisturizer. What they want is skin that glows and is beautifully flawless.
There are a lot of online skincare shops springing up all over the world. So, how are you going to make yours stand out against businesses that offer similar products? The solution is straightforward: skincare marketing.
How To Improve Marketing for your Skincare Brand
Your skincare brand needs a well-thought-out marketing strategy to not only keep up with your competitors but also to become a trendsetter in the skincare market. So to help you improve your skincare marketing, consider the following strategies below:
1. Identify Your Core Audience
If you’re planning to scale the marketing of your skincare brand, the first step is to figure out what your target market really wants. Are you trying to market to teenagers who are looking for acne-fighting skincare products? Is it millennials that like the dewy type of skin? Or do you want to include those above the age of 50 who are looking for anti-aging remedies? The point is that you have to identify your audience by narrowing down your product niche. However, keep in mind that your niche does not have to be determined by age alone and that you can still target people of all ages.
Aside from choosing specific demographics to target, you can also consider the psychographics of your target audience. Psychographics are more focused on identifying the personal characteristics of an individual, including:
One of the fastest-growing skincare brands today is Cerave. They invested heavily on creative TikTok videos and working with social media skincare stars and it has paid off well. The brand is now reaping the benefits from it’s hyper targeted marketing campaigns to their Gen Z audiences.
2. Inject Storytelling Into Your Ads
Storytelling is an important aspect of every successful marketing strategy, and it’s something that you should utilize if you want to grow your business. To succeed in the skincare industry, you must be confident and passionate about how you present your brand. Storytelling is the best way to bring that confidence and passion for life. Stories convey messages in an extremely descriptive and emotion-evoking manner. They’re unforgettable, and they provide people with something to appreciate and look forward to. As a matter of fact, statistics reveal that ads presented through storytelling resonate more with people than typical product promotions.
Perhaps one of the most notable skincare brands that invested in storytelling is Glossier’s Body Heroes 2020 campaign. Glossier utilized video content to showcase the unique journeys of its Body Heroes, reflecting on their individual lives and skincare rituals, through its social media platforms. In addition, Glossier produced ‘skin portraits’ to highlight the diverse and distinctive essence of natural beauty. The campaign’s goal was to raise awareness for Glossier’s new body products while still promoting the brand’s larger effort to challenge industry perceptions of beauty and instead concentrate on beauty in a more natural way.
3. Add Product Testimonials
Testimonials from customers who love your skincare products are extremely beneficial for marketing. In fact, testimonials can be used in various types of advertising channels. You can incorporate them creatively through your skincare products, your website, email marketing campaigns, radio and television advertisements, and even brochures if you’re providing one for your customers. People love to hear feedback and comments about the products that they are interested in purchasing because they are more likely to respond to inbound marketing than hard-selling, so why not provide these to your potential customers? Aside from spreading brand awareness, testimonials can provide your skincare business with a sense of legitimacy and encourage your customers to learn more about what you have to offer.
While utilizing your website is one of the most effective ways to market your brand online, you have to consider other marketing avenues as well. There are tons of online platforms out there where you can effectively promote your skincare brand. Below are the most popular ones:
4. Identify the Most Appropriate Channels
- Google Shopping – Google Shopping is a wonderful opportunity for marketers to acquire conversions because skincare shoppers know exactly what they want. However, as customers search and click without making a purchase, impressions can grow costly. So if the costs are increasing without equivalent conversions, you need to readjust your focus and put more effort into attracting more definite customers.
- Facebook Shop – Setting up a Facebook store helps customers explore and learn more about your product. It also assists you in your online promotion activities. When you take advantage of Facebook Shop, you can tag items on a visual post or advertise them through Facebook Ads. Facebook Shop is also useful when it comes to catching spontaneous shoppers who make purchases the moment they see products that they like.
- Instagram – Instagram is an incredibly beneficial platform for skincare brands. Most people are visual consumers, so you have to take advantage of this fact. Not to mention, Instagram is estimated to have 1.074 billion users worldwide in 2021. And since skincare brands rely more on visual ads to grab their customers’ attention, Instagram is the perfect platform to market their products.
- YouTube – Who doesn’t love to watch videos? When we talk about ads, YouTube always pops out in the narrative. This is because this platform offers businesses heaps of marketing benefits. Aside from YouTube’s large population of users, marketing on the platform can help you get found on Google, repurpose old content, target your audience with Google ads, and many more. In short, the marketing opportunities that YouTube can provide your skincare brand are limitless.
Seeking Help from Marketing Experts
Marketing your skincare brand will never be a walk in the park considering the high volume of competitors in the market. But if you want to ensure that you will be able to properly execute your marketing strategies, seeking help from marketing professionals is a smart thing to consider. Not to mention, competition is ten times tougher for newcomers. Should you be interested in adding a few hands to get you going, Huskee Digital can be of assistance in terms of executing your skincare marketing strategy to its fullest potential. We can also help you come up with new dynamic strategies that are tailored to your objectives. Get in touch with us today!